Sunday, April 4, 2010

My Growing Distaste of Blockbuster.

So I went into to my local Blockbuster the other to rent some more movies. This is my second time going to Blockbuster this year since I barely have time to go anymore. I went earlier in early March since my spring break is the first week in March. I mean there was still snow on the ground when my school went on Spring Break. If that's not messed up, then I don't know what is? The last time I went there I rented 8 movies (yeah I'm crazy). I rented Serious man, Moon, Bruno, Saving Private Ryan, Lost in Translation, Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou, 25th Hour, and Intolerable Cruelty. All movies that I have been dying to see. So I paid my 18 bucks and left satisfied.

Here's where the shit started. I rarely turn my videos in on time. I have to pay late fees like almost 90% of the time. It really killed me in the past when Blockbuster made you take 'em back 1-2 days later. However, several years ago they got rid of their late fee policies and now you can keep them as long as you like. Well you still have to pay a restocking fee, but that's different from regular late fees. Now I could have my grace periods and Blockbuster wouldn't be all up in my ass about returning videos.

So I go to the video store this past weekend and rent another 8 movies (crazy). I rented some movies I've wanted to see for a while like Big Lebowski, Wall Street, Interiors, Fantastic Mr. Fox, and others. When I go to checkout I found out that I owe $46.08. OMG! I was so fucking pissed. It sort of spoiled my mood, but still ended up getting 3 Woody Allen movie. Of course they're his older movies for when he was still in his prime. I watched Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Sex (but were to Afraid to Ask), Interiors, and Everybody Says I Love You. Jesus, this man puts a film out like every year and he's like 70 something.

Not laugh out loud funny, but a more subtle humor, which is still funny too. Will I ever go back to Blockbuster? Yes, but I want to join Netflix so badly. It cost $8.95 a month, but I need a credit card, and I hate credit cards. I'm also concerned that the movie will get lost in the mail. This is because most of the local mailmen in my area suck so badly. However, there is a solution to that problem because you can stream movies on the Ps3, which is what I have right now. Nevertheless, I hate using credit cards.

Blockbuster is losing money and the stores are closing. One store close to me has already closed down so I hope the other one doesn't close down.

No comments:

Post a Comment