Saturday, April 24, 2010

The Losers Win

I saw The Losers onThursday and let me tell you that it is one of the most entertaining movies I have seen all year. It's bloody, off beat, and bad azz.

The movie is about five members of an elite U.S. Special Forces unit sent into the Bolivian jungle on a search and destroy mission. The team consists of Clay (Jeffery Dean Morgan), Jensen (Chris Evans), Roque (Idris Elba), Pooch (Columbus Short) and Cougar (Oscar Jaenada). Soon they find themselves the target of a lethal betrayal instigated from inside by a powerful enemy known only as Max (Jason Patric). Presumed dead, the group makes plans to even the score when they're joined by the mysterious Aisha (Zoe Saldana), a beautiful operative with her own agenda. Working together, they must remain deep undercover while tracking the heavily-guarded Max, a ruthless man bent on embroiling the world in a new high-tech global war.

First of all I have to say that Zoe Saldana is my new celebrity crush. She actually took the place of my previous crush Mariah Carey, who married that loser Nick Cannon. In the film she is sexy, cunning, and ruthless. That's pretty bad azz. Chris Eveans, who is going tpo play Captain America in 2011, shines as Jensen the computer hacker. He plays his character perfectly and kept me laughing throughout the picture. Jeffrey Dean Morgan, who played The Comedian in Watchmen, is such a bad azz in this. He is playing a tough guy role which reminds me of Mickey Rourke for some reason.

All in all it's a solid film. At first I didn't know this was rated R. It had some questionable stuff in there, but I'm not complaining. I don't think more gore and language would make it better. As much as I liked it, I say to just rent it. It's solid, but nothing to memorable. Besides Iron Man 2 is coming on May 7, so if you only have money to see one film this summer make it Iron Man 2. Now I just hope that IM2 doesn't suck ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment