Monday, April 19, 2010

I Should Have Had A Back-Up Plan

Once again I went to a free screening of the newest Jennifer Lopez romantic comedy The Back-Up. OMG this film is shit, even for a romantic comedy. About 95% of romantic comedies are very sub par and predictable. Of course they have to be predictable to a certain point. The main things that matter in this kind of film is the chemistry between the main leads. If the two leads have real strong chemistry they can make people care about the film. Also if it has some good jokes then it can be a good time. Films like Definitely, Maybe and When Harry Met Sally are good examples. Back-Up is the worst movie I have seen all year and a very bad romantic comedy.

I should have seen the signs a mile away. I got my tickets from gofobo, which is essential to sign up for if you want to go to free screenings. About two hours before the film started gofobo were still on the website. If those tix aren't gone then ppl have a lack of interest to see it. That's Strike 1. Jennifer Lopez hasn't been in a movie or made music in a while because she's been having babies. Her time has passed. Her acting is horrible in this movie, but that's not a problem since she has never been a good actress anyway. At least she could make other romantic comedies slightly more tolerable in the past. That's strike 2. The chemistry between the two leads sucked ass big time. I just didn't believe that they were a couple at all. Like I said earlier, chemistry is essential or else we do not care about them. Strike 3.

The movie starts out decent. Any movie that starts off with doctor screaming vagina repeatedly can't be that bad. Most of the jokes fall flat and some of humor is very juvenile, which surprises me a little bit (IDK though). There is one hilarious scene in the movie and a nice appearance by Anthony Anderson, but besides that it is not worth your time. Back Up Plan is a garbage date movie. I should have had a back up plan and sneak into another movie like Date Night. In fact go see Date Movie. That's a film that actually has strong chemistry between the leads (Steve Carell and Tina Fey). Hell I even say The Bounty Hunter is better than this trite piece of film. It's another throw away romantic comedy and the second film from CBS films, which has already had one shitbomb called Extraordinary Measures. It is a romantic comedy so it should do decent business, but it could bomb badly. I don't know because I'm not the movie's demographic. Skip this shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment