Friday, February 19, 2010

Last Night

Hello hello my fellow country men. Last night was very stressful for me. Of course maybe if I didn't half ass study then it would be different. Nah, studying for lames. Nah, I'm jut playing. Education is like a rainbow that leads to places that are pots of gold. Okay, I don't know what the hell I'm saying.

Anyway, I studied for an Understanding New Media test and it was different. I had to study the articles that I didn't read. So reading is the key, but that's what Spring break is for. Well, I probably won' t read them then too. So my attention span is kind of short...........................

Oh sorry I'm back just had to do other shit. Now where was I, oh yeah the whole concentration thing. If procrastination was a major at my college then would ace the damn thing. I'm just fooolin' though.

Anyway I talked a little about Shutter Island last time and after thinking about for a couple of days my grade about a B-, but it's not a low B-. It more of like a 84%. The movie has a creep ambiance to it and I still think Leonardo DiCaprio was a little miscast. He was still a beast though. It is interesting that Leo is becoming Scorsese's new DeNiro. Whenever a Scorsese comes out Leo is in it, but there's nothing wrong with that, but I do find it intrguing though.

Scorsese is in the latter half of his career and the past decade. Bringing Out the Dead seems like an underrated movie and I'm going to watch it eventually. I actually found it when Blockbuster was having a get the shit out our store before we close bargain sale. I was totally there. Didn't find all I was looking for, but found movies that were good. Oh here I go going off topic again. Scorsese didn't really have a Taxi driver or Goodfellas, or a Raging Bull the past decade.

Gangs of New York came out 2002 (supposed to come out in '01 but the whole 9/11 thing fucked that up). This was the movie that was supposed to be his Magnum Opus and a film that will win him Best Director and Best Picture. The movie underwhelmed. It had Daniel 'fucking' Day Lewis, who is like a God in the acting world. You have Leonardo Dicaprio and Cameron Diaz (WTF!?). I heard the Avaitor was pretty good, but it was the Departed that finally won Scorsese the Best Picture and Best Director Oscar. A lot of ppl felt like it was a consollation Oscar for all of his work, and The Departed doesn't seem like his Best Pic.

Now I have yet to see those three films, but it's on my list. That's why I love breaks and summer. Over winter break I was able to watch so many classic movies like Do the Right Thing, Citizen Kane, and the Indiana Jones series (ToD was awesome-don't care wat ppl say). I also got see a couple of Woody Allen films, Annie Hall and Manhattan, which are probably his most critically acclaimed.

Anyway that's it for now. See Shutter Island because there's not much shit out there. Wolfman was decent, but don't expect nuthin' but gore (that's wat we all need anyway). Valentine's Day looks like shit (I was actually about to see that too...eww). If you have a pair of balls don't see Dear John. Percy Jackson looks interesting, but that's rental material. You can also see Avatar and make reach 700 million (go go go). I would go, but I have two papers this weekend :(

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment